By now we all know what Pokemon Go is all about. In less that a month the location-based augmented reality game developed by Niantic shot to the top of all sorts of charts.
Pokémon Go is a free-to-play location-based, augmented reality game developed by Niantic for iOS and Android devices.
The game requires players/Pokémon Trainers to go out in the real world and catch Pokémon, refill supplies from Pokestops and battle it out in Gyms.
We present 13 interesting facts about the location-based, augmented reality game developed by Niantic
- In the first 13 hours of launch the location-based game was the highest grossing app in the US.
- Before the end of the day, the game was the Top-most Downloaded game in history,on both major app markets globally- App Store and Google Play.
- Day Two had more Pokémon players than Tinder users
- A week later after the release, Nintendo’s market value hit almost $40 billion
- On an average, the game is downloaded 81 times a second across both app stores
- In a week, by July 13, it was installed on almost 11% of all Android phones, and 6% of iPhones worldwide
- At 21 million, Pokemon Go had more active users than the legendary Candy Crush Saga.
- The number of people playing Pokemon GO in the Netherlands is 1.3 million. The game had not even been released there then! That’s also the same number as the downloads in Japan within 3 hours of launch.
- $10 million – that’s the revenue from the App Store and Play store. Every day.
- The social media frenzy surrounding this juggernaut has resulted in almost 650 million interactions on Facebook alone.
- How long is the game used every day? 43.5 minutes, which is more than Tinder, Snapchat and Facebook Messenger. And believe it or not, WhatsApp.
- Just 20 days after launch the game had already been downloaded 75 million times
- There are Pokémon Go Players in more 30 countries where the game has not been launched yet.
Despite the crazy numbers (or maybe because of them) we’re completely addicted to Pokémon GO. We’re obsessed with going to Pokéstops and Gyms and wildly hopeful about catching as many Pokémon as possible.
Source : Unboxing